Travelling can be interesting and motivating if it took by perfect planning and packing. With or without planning, travel ends up in excitement only. But this is not the case with traveling with a baby. There are many factors that one should cross-check on baby journey before doing so.
Traveling with a baby can be a hard process if it is not planned well, and the parents should be careful to take the necessary items beforehand. The planning of a trip with a baby is a bad process as the confusion occurs at any phase since its safety and security are more concerned, and one should keep this in their mind.
The need for travel appliances for baby
Several travel appliances for baby available in the market. Some are expensive while some are not, but it hugely depends upon the advancement of the technology used and its function. No parent would never hesitate to buy a useful appliance for their baby, expensive or not.
Unlike the baby being in the comforts of a home, traveling invites many insecurities to the baby, such as bad air, constant exposure to the outer world, not-so-safe intake of food items, to name a few. Therefore, parents should be extra cautious about the risks that might be encountered by the baby while traveling.
Essential travel appliances for baby
When it comes to a baby’s health, we always look for the best products in quality and efficiency. Some of the essential travel appliances for baby are described as follows:
- Milk Warmer: As the name suggests, it is beneficial to keep the milk warmer throughout the journey. This will help the traveling parents readily feed warm milk to babies in case of the mother’s absence. The baby bottle warmer has features such as a digital timer, automatic shut-off, and even an alarm setting to let the parent know when ready.
- Diaper Disposal Service: It is an essential travel appliance for baby when it comes to disposing of babies’ used diapers. Since diaper disposal is a major problem that one is dealt with when traveling with a baby, diaper disposal will save a lot of time and effort.
- Automatic Baby Cooker: it helps to cook as well as steam the food for the baby. It has a removable cooking pan, making it easier for cleaning and is therefore convenient while traveling.
- Digital Thermometer: One may wonder what is the big deal about a thermometer, but the fact is that there are separate thermometers available prepared just for babies. Since babies are exposed to the outdoors for a long-time during traveling, it will come in handy for parents to check their temperatures from time to time whenever they want to.
- Portable Mesh Nebulizer: Ideal for traveling, this device does noise-free nebulization. It is pocket-friendly and can be taken to anywhere. Charged with a battery, it is a light-weight device, after all.
- Bottle Sterilizer: It is a system that is essential to sterilize the baby’s feeding items. This appliance is significant, especially during the lockdown when cleanliness and hygiene are given the highest priority more than anything else.
When you prepare a picnic, it is normal that you think about including foods that are not entirely healthy for you or your family. They want “rich” things, and we do not give importance to nutrients or the quality of the food itself. But if you like to go for a picnic to the beach, the field, the park, the river, or any other place outdoors, then do not miss everything that we are going to tell you about healthy eating when going out for a picnic.
Enjoy the outdoors with your family.
When the weather is good it is normal that you want to go out to cool places and enjoy the outdoors more and more. Therefore, you should also think about your diet and that the food basket is healthy and that at the same time that you enjoy nature, you take care of your body.
The first step is that you must have the food in good condition and keep it at an optimal temperature. Therefore, having a refrigerator to store food outdoors would be the most ideal. In this way, food is well preserved and does not lose its properties or flavor. The best foods that you can take so that they hold well in the fridge can be fruits, vegetables, salads or other foods that hold up well like a potato omelet cut into small cubes in Tupperware, etc.
On the other hand, the drink is also very important to take into account because the body asks for fluids when it is hot. Freshwater in the fridge is a must since water is the best drink our body needs to be well hydrated.
Find your fridge
If you don’t have a fridge to go on a family picnic, don’t worry, we have the solution! You just have to see the list that we have left you below and buy the one that best suits your tastes and needs.
Prepare a healthy picnic.
In addition to what is mentioned a little above, you cannot miss some tips so that you can prepare a healthy picnic.
If you don’t have time to prepare a good picnic, it is possible that you take the first thing you find in your pantry or your refrigerator and they will surely be not recommended options. So planning will be much better for you and to be able to choose the right foods for your family.
How to transport food
Afterward, it is very important that you think about how you will transport the food and drink. The drink can go in airtight bottles and have reusable glasses to be able to drink comfortably. When it comes to food, the ideal is to choose the airtight containers that best suit the situation.
Don’t make your older children take responsibility for taking care of their younger siblings; they didn’t decide to have babies, and they shouldn’t have the responsibility of being parents or babysitters. Older children do not have to assume functions that do not correspond to them only for the comfort of their parents. Although sometimes it is not for comfort, but for lack of time or other circumstances.
Sometimes it seems that it is inevitable that older children accept roles that do not correspond to them, something that could cause them to behave in a way that does not touch them with their age. This can undoubtedly affect their development.
Too many demands
Sometimes, the demands of parents cause children to make decisions that do not correspond to them, to assume functions that should not be within their competence, to take care of siblings when they should not. Children, when this happens, do not find their place within the family because they feel compelled to be adults when in reality, they are and should continue to be children.
This implies a great emotional load that complicates the life of the older brother and makes him feel confused in his role as an older brother and as a son. He is a son and brother and should never assume an adult role that does not correspond to him in any way. No matter how old you are, it is a burden that you should not assume under any circumstances; there can always be other solutions where the child should not be forced to do things that do not touch him.
The parents tell the child that since he is the older brother, it is his responsibility to do that, but it is not true. They are the responsibilities of the parents and not of the older siblings. It doesn’t matter if they are 6 or 16 years old; it is not the right thing to do.
As if that were not enough, if parents continue to give their older children responsibilities that do not correspond to them, children will begin to feel resentment, anxiety, helplessness … towards life, towards their siblings, and towards their parents. They will feel that what they do is all taxes and that they have no right to think or to have an opinion.
Don’t make these 7 mistakes.
If you have an older child, it is time for you to reflect so that you do not fall into these mistakes. This way, your older child can grow up healthier.
- That the older brother has to help the younger brother in everything he needs, at any time, without taking into consideration the needs of the older brother and putting those of the younger brother first.
- That the older brother becomes the “man of the house” or, in the case of a girl, “the woman of the house” because one of the parents cannot take charge for whatever reason.
- Telling the older brother over and over again that he has to be a good example for his younger siblings. The example should always be from parents to children and never from siblings to brothers; this can generate rivalry and resentment.
- Not detailing responsibilities to children. It is necessary to bear in mind that the responsibilities with the children will depend on their age and their ability to do things. Therefore, the responsibilities of children cannot be equated equally. And always, they must have a limit in the responsibilities, and they must remain children!
- Don’t praise when you do things right. When the older brother does things well or helps, it is good that you praise him. It is good to get involved, but always as an option or a choice and not as an imposition that the eldest son does not agree with.
- Let the older brother have authority over the younger siblings. Never under any circumstances should a sibling have the authorization to punish or correct his younger siblings. It should always be the parents who are in charge of doing this. Siblings are brothers and children, and everything must be equal between them and in the face of the parents.
- Be an example of authority. Children should not be the example of authority of their brothers; they should be children and brothers but never authority as a father or mother should be!